Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Fodor's Essential Italy is the indispensable take-along companion to one of Europe's most enduringly popular destinations. With inviting full-color photos, this updated edition highlights everything that visitors adore--from Italy's great food and wine to art and architecture, as well as glorious Tuscan hill towns, shopping, and much more.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout Rome map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what's off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling, Naples-style Pizza, Tuscan Wine, the Cinque Terre, the Duomo, and Venice's Grand Canal
· Coverage of Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Lake Como, Tuscany, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Sicily, Emilia-Romagna, the Veneto, and more.
Planning to focus on just some Italy destinations? Check out Fodor's travel guides to Rome; Vanice; Florence & Tuscany; and The Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples.