People and Events Every Christian Should Know
In this 12-session DVD-based study, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones takes you through the most important events in Christian history from the time of the apostles to today. He brings to life the fascinating people and events that shaped our world. This isn't dry names and dates. It's full of dramatic stories told with a touch of humor. This series, based on Dr. Jones s popular award-winning book Christian History Made Easy, ties in spiritual lessons believers can glean by looking at the past, and shows how God was still working in his church despite all the ups and downs.
You will learn:
- The fascinating stories of people such as St. Patrick, Martin Luther, and Augustine.
- People who changed history: Constantine, Charlemagne, and Francis of Assisi
- How we got the Bible that we read today John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and others.
- The Middle Ages and the Reformation: Kings and Queens, Monks and Reformers
- Where church doctrines and practices originated.
- How the Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant churches came to be.
- Reason and Revival - How modernity and the scientific revolution affected Christianity.
- How Christianity has spread around the world
You don t have to be an expert to lead this 12-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use. Ages: Young adult to adult.
Christian History Made Easy Sessions
The 12 sessions cover major eras and topics with plenty of stories and humor. You ll cover the early church, monasticism, medieval conflicts, the Protestant Reformation, the Great Awakening, 19th-century missions, modernity, and postmodernism.
Complete Kit contains everything you need, including:
- Leader pack with the DVD of twelve 30-minute video sessions and PDF files for promotional posters, fliers, handouts, bulletin inserts, and banners for you to print.
- One printed leader guide + PDF of the leader guide.
- One printed participant guide with session outlines, discussion questions, definitions, and time lines. Buy an additional participant guide for each person.
- One copy of the award-winning Christian History Made Easy book. This full-color, 224-page book by Timothy Paul Jones tells additional stories that shaped Christian history.
- One CD-ROM containing the fully illustrated 100-slide Christian History Made Easy PowerPoint presentation to give the leader optional material such as additional images and information to go deeper into popular events and people.